Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wheelbarrow Succulent Garden Update

Well, not everything in the wheelbarrow succulent garden survived the various watering (lack thereof) mishaps, so I've had to replace the lost plants, but decided not to use the same ones.  I added a couple of Cel's Agave Agave celsii and an aloe 'Walmsley Blue'.  Here's a picture of it as it is now and as you can see most of the ones that survived have done rather well.

The other mystery seed, the one I planted in the window box, bloomed today and now I know that it's snapdragons.  Next time I plant seeds, I better make a written note of it until I can write it in this blog, as the memory just isn't as sharp as it used to be.

Got some used bricks from one of my neighbors a while ago and decided it was about time I did something with them, so I laid down a double layer of weed blocker cloth between 2 of the raised beds and laid the bricks on top in a basket weave pattern.  The bricks don't fit perfectly, but play sand should fill in all the gaps and holes in the bricks and make a perfectly serviceable path that will keep my feet dry and mud free when working in the beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment