Monday, October 24, 2011

Weather's nice, so back to work.


Planted 3 red/pink mini roses that I got from the 99 cent store in the rose bed, then potted up 9 Stapelia gigantea cuttings for Saturday's seed & plant swap.  The bouganville in the soaking sink is a bonsai to be; I've been waiting for cooler weather before trimming the roots and shaping it and with the rest of the week forecast to be in the 80's it'll be a project for tomorrow. I found 21 blue iris rhizomes for free on craigslist.com and I hope the person who listed them finds the card I left and will check out my blog from time to time to see how they're doing.  Will have to decide where to make a bed for them plus some bulbs I picked up in the last few weeks; somewhere in the front yard would be nice, so the neighbors can enjoy them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment