Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New Treasures

Made the rounds of the local thrift stores today and found a couple of treasures, a graniteware coffee pot and a sun planter. Drilled drainage holes in both of them to prevent root rot.  Went to the 99 Cent Only store and found a miniature rose, as well as grape hyacinth and tulip bulbs.  Planted the rose in the coffee pot and went to HD and bought an Echeveria 'Dondo' for the sun planter.


Started harvesting okra and will be picking peppers soon, as well as yellow tomatillos.  The ginger I planted is finally coming up and the tomatoes are starting to releaf.  With the cooler weather, the roses are blooming again and the basil and sage are doing well.  The sunflowers I planted are already blooming, but they're only about 4' tall, so I'm not sure which variety they are, as I planted several different types.  The only thing I'm sure of is they're not the wild sunflowers, as they are single bloomed and the wild ones have multiple blooms.

Here's a picture of the petunias I planted the other day.  We got a good rain last night, so they should accept the transplant well and thrive in their new pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment