Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mushrooms

I got up this morning with plans to mow the lawn, but it was too wet with dew, so I started to survey the yard when I spotted something on the other side of the yard and assumed the dog had dragged something out there.  When I got closer I realized it was mushrooms that must've sprung up overnight, as I was sure they wren't there yesterday.  The largest one was about 8" across and there were also several clusters of them as well.  After taking some pictures, I carefully removed them, trying to be sure I got the entire root ball and placed them in a bag to be thrown away since I didn't want to spread the spores throughout the yard.  A couple of the mushrooms were in the Ein Shemer bed which also contains irises and I noticed that they are starting to spread, so hopefully by Spring I will have quite a display of blooms.
This one was about 8" across.
I went to a Harper's Nursery, a locally own nursery that propagates many of the plants they grow, as I had purchased a DealChicken coupon for $40 worth of plants in 1 gallon or larger pots for just $20.  After looking over their stock and debating about several succulents, I wound up choosing a pair of Thornless Boysenberries and a Bay Laurel.  Now I just need to decide where to put them.

No comments:

Post a Comment