Friday, June 29, 2012

Despite the heat, the garden is still producing

Despite daytime highs around 110 for almost a week now, the garden is still managing to produce a few goodies, such as these cucumbers and onions.  Despite the fact that I forget to label the plants when I seeded them, I'm pretty sure these are pickling cucumbers, as I seem to remember planting the pickling ones on the north side of the trellis and the slicing ones on the south side.


After the problem with the water supply being turned off to the raised beds while I was on my cruise, most of the onion greens turned brown, so I decided to see if there were any viable onions to harvest and found these.  I've decided to let the rest remain in the ground to see if they'll continue to grow and if not, I'll still have some small onions to harvest.


Last year's pepper plants look like they've developed curly top disease, so they'll be coming out and I'll turn the bed into an herb garden.  I'll post pictures when I'm done.


No comments:

Post a Comment