Monday, June 11, 2012

First grape harvest...ever!

Harvested some ruby red seedless grapes, my first harvest after waiting for three years!  They're rather small and I'm not sure if it's due to being the first fruit production or to inadequate watering while I was in the Baltic, but they're tasty anyway.


Pulled up and replanted the red corn, which definitely suffered from a lack of water after my daughter-in-law accidentally shut of the water supply to the raised veggie beds.  Bought 8 varieties of Dahlias at Walmart on clearance and even though it's rather late in the season, I'm going to plant them tomorrow in the bulb bed anyway in the hope that I'll get blooms; if not then I'll try again in Spring, since they did so well for me and the bulbs, other than the Glads, were a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment