I bought some baskets at Michael's on Sunday and got around to using them today. The first one was added to the handlebars of the scooter that's been in the front yard since last May. The basket was lined with weed blocker and the filled with red, pink and yellow snapdragons, then attached to the scooter with zip ties. The drip line was extended to the basket so it doesn't have to be hand watered.
This is my grand kids old tricycle that had seen better days, but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it, so I decided to turn it into a planter and after looking at bicycle baskets and deciding they were too expensive, I found some on sale for just $2.50 each. Like the one added to the handlebars of the scooter, these are lined with weed block fabric and attached with zip ties. I found a flower I hadn't seen before, Stock, Matthiola incana "Harmony" and decided to plant the baskets with it, as I thought the color would go well the the red and white of the trike. I need to run a new drip line to the front of the yard to water these baskets and the terra cotta pots on the lamp post as well as the new tipsy planter; looks like a project for the weekend.