Monday, May 6, 2013

Cinco de Mayo Larry and Birthday Goodies

Two days of celebration, as yesterday was Cinco de Mayo and today is my birthday, and Larry kicked off the party in style.


For my birthday, I got a Mickey Mouse gnome from my daughter that she bought on her recent trip to Walt Disney World and a pair of Easter themed gnomes from my wife.  I also got myself a couple of California Pottery figurines from the 50's to add to my collection.

Mickey will stay in my office.


Unnamed figurine by S-Quire Ceramics

Summer Belle by Modglins of Los Angeles

I also found a listing on Craigslist for free aloe vera and snake plant that wasn't too far from home, so I went over, but by the time I got there all that was left was some snake plant that looked rather ragged.  I took some anyway, after all it was free, and potted it up when I got home.

Snake Plant, Sansavieria trifasciata

Lastly, at least one of the Climbing Pink Peace roses I bought was definitely mislabeled, as you can see from the photo.  This is the second year in a row I've bought a bareroot rose that was mislabeled, but the white may contrast even better than a pink would against the deep red of Climbing Don Juan.


2 comments:

  1. Larry is looking quite revolutionary in that outfit!

    The rose is pretty even if it is the wrong label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, I agree with both sentiments.

    ReplyDelete