Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Garden Update

Well I haven't been able to do much in the garden for the last 4-6 weeks, as I'm getting around with a cane thanks to a torn medial meniscus suffered while on vacation in Amsterdam back in May.  I'm waiting for surgery to get scheduled, hopefully soon, so I can get going on the backlog of projects awaiting me.  In the meantime, despite the benign neglect, the garden continues to produce food and blooms; I even noticed a couple of Anna apples that resulted from the spring-like weather we had until about a week ago.

The earliest I've ever seen apples on the tree.

The cannas continue to bloom and spread; I've collected several seeds.
The salvias are still thriving and blooming, especially the blue one.
Snow pea blossoms

Habaneros ripening

Takanotsume peppers

Poblano pepper

Mesclun lettuce mix

Mini roses

Climbing America Rose

Wheelbarrow succulent garden

Hen 'n chicks doing fine now that they have a gnome to watch over them.

Orbeopsis malanantha in bloom. This was a cutting I got at the Spring Swap this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment