Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Best Laid Plans...

As I noted in my last post, I had a lot of things I wanted to get done on Saturday, but as usual, reality got in the way of my plans.  I managed to get the front yard mowed and trimmed, as well as the side yard and 1/2 the back yard, but then family matters called and I had to abandon the yard work and associated projects.

I went with my son Kyle to look at an arcadia door insert with a built in pet door for their new place and he wound up buying it, then he took me to the mall to meet Stephanie for lunch and a little shopping before we joined my daughter Heather, her husband Jay and our grandson Logan at the movies to see Hotel Transylvania.  Everyone agreed the movie was fantastic, so if you haven't seen it yet, GO!

After the movie I went to Kyle's to help him install the pet door insert, which turned out to be harder than we thought it would be.  Rather than attaching to the sliding door, the insert had to go at the end of the stationary side of the door.  This required a lot of prying and WD-40 to get the panel loose and then we had to add foam insulation to fill the gap where the insert and the door meet, but now the dogs and the cat can go outside to the patio without having to wait for someone to open the door for them.

Haven't seen much of Aiken, SC yet, as it has been foggy and overcast the last two mornings and there isn't too much daylight left after I leave the client's office, but I'll be here at least through the weekend, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to take photos then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment