Monday, January 2, 2012

Good bye to Christmas

Today's date and forecast high of 78 both lead me to the inevitable conclusion that it was time to say "goodbye" to Christmas, so much to my grandson Kaleb's dismay, Steph and  I spent the day taking down and boxing up the decorations, inside and out.  Tomorrow after work I'll be faced with the task of getting everything back up in the attic.  Already the house looks empty and the yard is too dark, but I'm trying to look at it as an opportunity to rearrange furniture and lower the level of light pollution.

Harvested some Hungarian Yellow, Big Jim, Orange Habanero and Takanotsume peppers today and I believe a trip to the store for tomatoes and other salsa makings is in order; it'll give me an excuse to use my new Fiesta chip & dip set.


No comments:

Post a Comment