Sunday, November 6, 2011

Veggie happenings

Finally got all the Halloween decor packed up Friday, and just in time, as it rained for several hours that night.  It was too wet to do anything on Saturday, so I didn't get back into the garden until today.  I decided to do something different with the window boxes, so instead of planting flowers, I planted a variety pack of leaf lettuces in one and spinach in the other.  I also planted a couple of heirloom tomatoes, picked more okra and some peppers.  In looking over the yard, I found a small tree growing right next to the back of the house, so I dug it up and potted it until I can decide what to do with it.  I think it's a mulberry, but have no idea how it got there; perhaps I'll take it to my daughter's house and plant it in the front yard.  Tomorrow's forecast calls for more rain, so I'll probably start some seeds for the raised planters I've decided to put in the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment