Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall blooms and planning for Spring

Now that the weather has cooled down, the roses are starting to bloom again, as evidenced by the photos (from left to right) of Climbing America, Blue Moon and a miniature red rose.  I also planted bulbs for Spring today; 18 Purple Passionale Triumph Tulips (Liliaceae tulipa 'Passionale') and 12 Blue Grape Hyacinths (Muscari armeniacum) in beds in the front yard and some Paper Whites (Narcissus tazetta) in a planter on the front porch.  Tomorrow I need to find a place for the irises I got recently before they dry out, or else I'll have to put them in the frig for a while.  I'm going to Yuma to visit the in-laws for the weekend, plus it's supposed to rain all weekend, so something has to get done tomorrow one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment