Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Outdoor sink

 

 
After work today, I started working on my outdoor soak sink for soaking potted plants and cleaning up garden tools.  The sink is the laundry sink I mentioned in a previous post and measures 13"x16"x12", which is perfect for even the largest plants that are still in their plastic nursery pots awaiting transplant.  I built a base out of 2" x 3" pine that the sink drops into and is 36" high for easier access.  Got the drain installed and started cladding the sides with old fence slats.  Tomorrow I'll finish the cladding and build a door for the front to hide the bucket the sink drains into, then I'll stain the new wood gray to match it somewhat with the reclaimed wood.  The remaining fence wood will be used to make a birdhouse or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment