Saturday, September 10, 2011

I'm back!!!

After enduring 3 weeks of 110+ temps, having a wedding and a 1st birthday 2 days apart and suffering through the flu, it's finally cool and calm enough to get back into the yard.  Looks like I lost several plants to the heat, including a couple of citrus trees, the dahlias, and most of the seedlings I'd started.  On the bright side, the okra is getting along nicely, the roses all look little worse for wear and 3 out of 4 of the Cannas made it.

It's now September and while my thoughts are turning to my winter garden full of veggies and blooms, Larry, like many men from coast to coast, is preparing for a different ritual of Fall. No not football, but tracking elusive prey in the great outdoors.  That's right, it's American Sportsman Larry, out in the field looking for game.  Chuck's decided the safest perch is on top of Larry's head, and it also gives him a front row seat to the action.

Heading to Houston tomorrow for work and when I get back on Wednesday, I'll start working on cleaning up the backyard veggie patch and planning out the side yard salsa garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment