Saturday, August 13, 2011

Busy Saturday Morning

Yesterday was all business meetings and travel and nothing got done in the yard; I didn't even have time for a blog post, so today I got up early and started on the yard work.  Started watering the various beds in the front yard and pruning the apple tree to clean up it's shape and get rid of  dead branches.  Had to run to Home Depot to get a pruning saw and actually resisted buying any new plants, though I did get a brush so I can continue painting the shed.  On the way home I stopped at a yard sale and got a 6" Stangl Terra Rose vase and an Occupied Japan figurine of a pixie riding a Stag Beetle. I paid $5 for the pair; would've cost me $50-$80 in an antique store..  Finished the pruning and decided to try to root one of the cuttings for a potential Bonsai, as it would be so cool to have a Bonsai apple tree.  Will post pics if it roots.

The spaghetti squash are almost big enough to transplant into the nectarine tree well and the Cannas are almost ready to be potted.  Will be ordering chile seeds soon from NMSU for my salsa garden, as I'm looking for varieties I can't find locally.

No comments:

Post a Comment