Saturday, January 25, 2014

Flea Market Finds

For the second Saturday in a row, we went to an antique flea market, this time in the parking lot of one of our favorite antique stores.  As usual, parking was difficult and we had to park nearly a block away, but it was worth it.  About a year and a half ago, I first laid eyes on some Co-Boys, which are gnome figurines that were made by Goebel, the same company that makes Hummels, but couldn't bring myself to pay $60 and up for them.  Today, I finally got my first two at the flea market and I only had to pay $15 for the pair!  These guys are definitely staying in my office, where they'll be safe from harm.

This is Bert, issued in 1975

Nick was issued in 1980.

I also found a solid cement frog lawn ornament for just $10 and as heavy as he is, I guarantee the dog won't knock him over and it's highly unlikely anyone will steal him either.  He's about 8" tall and my guess is he's from the 60's or 70's.



One dealer had several wire birdcages for sale and I picked out what I feel was the best one and got her down to $2.  After removing the seed tray and repainting it white, I'll put a potted plant inside and hang it on the front porch.



Lastly, I found a set of six mini bundt pans that were still in the package and paid the royal sum of $2 for them; I think I'll try them out tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment