Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Greetings From Lisle

It's been 10 days since I arrived in Lisle and I'm beginning to get settled in, although I can't say the same for the weather.  Winter hasn't wanted to step aside for Spring, as we had snow on the 12th, followed by temps in the low teens to the twenties, but it rained today and is supposed to by in the 60's on Friday, so maybe winter is finally loosening its' icy grip.

The view of the golf course from my balcony

Conifers outside the parking garage

Snow "painted" on a tree.

I haven't had too many opportunities to take photos yet, but with the nice weather forecast for this weekend I plan to get out with the camera.  I've seen a few robins, plenty of Canada Geese and mallards, plus gulls and starlings.  Sunday I saw a pair of hawks flying over the golf course, but I wasn't able to identify them.

All but one of the stapeliads survived the move and they're all looking fine and getting plenty of light through the large windows in the apartment.  I'm going to look for a baker's rack or maybe one or two small shelving units to place on the balcony so that I can have a container garden with lettuce, chives, radishes, globe type carrots and a few other veggies and/or herbs.  I may even buy a large pot for some tomatoes or cucumbers.

That's all for now; more after the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment